5/13/09

Cooking blog



I think we grew these herbs so we can see how to take care for food like the people who grow their own food, and I guess we're cooking them so we can eat whatever we grow. I guess. Isnt that why you plant herbs? To eat them? Also because the stuff that we're growing is healthy so that's good.This relates to our essential questions because by growing out own herbs and eating what we plant, we will live more sustainable and maybe if people see that we plant herbs they will start to do it also.

After a couple weeks of watering, taking care and trying to learn as much as we could about out herbs we got to try to think of something that we could do with our plants so we could use them in a sustainable way! So we got to look for a lot of different recipes that we could use with our herbs! The recipe I used was really easy. All it asked for was to start of with a regular lemonade recipe and we the recipe added on the basil in a way that was quite simple. It said to mash the sugar and the basil together which worked out well, and then mix together the rest of the ingredients.

After Marlene and I mixed everything together we tried it ( i was scared to taste it cause it looked weird) and it was actually really good. Marlene said it needed more sugar but I thought it was fine. If I could do this again I would make sure that the camera had macro on so that it wouldn't look blurry. I kinda want to start planting herbs cause it's fun and you can use them in a lot of things!

6 comments:

chiquilla15 said...

i love the video it was funny but i love at

Ms. Charlotte said...

Your video is HILARIOUS! I like how you kept it funny but explained a really cool recipe at the same time.

Shoshannah said...

I love your video its amazing!!!
It looked pretty good actually. YUMMY!

Pascal's cool blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sonorukle said...

Heii lulu i really enjoyed your video. I liked how you guys added your sense of humor and how you kept mixing everything. Its hilarious!

My Blog said...

Youre video its funny I really liked it !